project concentrates on strengthening and enhancing the role of higher
education institutions and universities in innovation capacity building,
technology transfer and commercialization of applied scientific research
outcome in Jordan aiming at the creation of the essential environment for
innovation in order to build a knowledge-based economy.
The main objectives of the project that will be met through the
establishment of 4 Centres for Transfer of Innovation (CTIs) in Jordan are:
- The development of economic thinking and interest to use innovation by
entrepreneurs and business community,
- The raising of awareness of the innovation importance among the university
researchers and the local businesses,
- The provision of chance to the researchers to apply their research results,
- The provision of a clear view of the technological needs of the local
industries so that the research and researchers’ priorities can be well
- The capacity building of CTIs’ staff in order to enhance the sector of innovation
and technology transfer.